DRSL 1: Competent Learner
A Canyon View High School student will be a COMPETENT LEARNER endowed with the ability to read, write, listen, speak, and think critically about academic subjects and the world around them.
- Demonstrate competency in curriculum requirements
- Demonstrate literacy across the curriculum
DRSL 2: Effective Communicator
A Canyon View High School student will be an EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR, capable of utilizing various mediums and forms of expression to gather, develop, and communicate ideas effectively.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely in writing assignments
- Communicate with purpose and understanding in presentations and speeches
- Actively listen, respond appropriately, and acknowledge the ideas of others
- Effectively use technology to communicate with others
- Create artistic expression through art, music, dance, or drama
DRSL 3: Responsible Citizen
A Canyon View High School student will be a RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN who possesses a sound work ethic, respects self, peers, others, and the environment, contributes to the community, and accepts responsibility for reaching his or her potential.
- Demonstrate accountability and integrity in personal behavior
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve conflicts and disputes appropriately
- Demonstrate individual responsibility by following rules, being prepared, respecting property, and using appropriate language
- Participate in service-oriented community activities
- Develop a plan for post-secondary growth