Canyon View High School Belief Statements
- We believe that students, teachers, parents, and community have a collective responsibility and accountability for students achieving academic excellence.
- We believe a positive, safe, respectful, tolerant, compassionate, and nurturing learning environment is crucial to student success.
- We believe a curriculum based on the Utah Core Curriculum and developed through collaboration among Professional Learning Communities promotes quality teaching and learning.
- We believe all students learn in unique ways, at different rates, and through a variety of instructional strategies.
- We believe a variety of assessments should be used to measure student knowledge, skills, and achievement.
- We believe students should be given intervention, remediation, and make-up opportunities to empower them to become competent learners.
- We believe a student’s education is enhanced by extra-curricular activities within a system of academic support.
- We believe a commitment to self-reflection and continuous improvement is imperative.
- We believe achievement should be respected, recognized, rewarded and celebrated.